LOGGING IN to GisterPRO:
1. From the GisterPRO website homepage, Single-Left-Click the LOGIN Button.
2. This will take you to the GisterPRO page. You may be prompted to install Microsoft Silverlight or a more current version. You will need to agree to Silverlight installation for GisterPRO to work.
3. After successfully installing or upgrading Silverlight (it may take a few seconds to load as you see the percentage increase), you will now see a Login Dialog box window. Enter your supplied login credentials: Group, User and Password. Please note: These ARE case sensitive. Below the login credentials you will see either a green cloud-like image (this means the servers are up and working) or a red cloud-like image (this means the servers may be down for routine maintenance). Once login credentials are supplied, click on the Login button.
CONDUCTING A GisterPRO SEARCH:
A typical GisterPRO Open Source search is executed as follows:
1. Go to www.GisterPRO.com and login;
2. Input up to ten (10) keywords;
3. The first words entered are more heavily weighted;
4. GisterPRO queries 15 different search engines;
5. Rapidly and transparent to the user, Drones deploy and crawl EVERY search engine result;
6. The Drones verify, “read” and grade for fitness across six metrics;
a. Percentage of Search Terms that exist;
b. Stemming or Percentage of Search Term Variants present;
c. Closeness Factor Number is an amalgamation of factors that express strength of binding / closeness of the search terms;
d. Occurrences reports on the number of times the exact search terms occur;
e. Document size by actual word count;
f. Word Statistics provides exact counts for each search term and stem.
7. Gisted high-level results are displayed on a navigable 2.5D globe. These Globe Word Colonies often reveal valuable concepts and relationships;
8. Users may sort Gisted Results across the Keyword Fitness Ranking System.
9. Users may launch discovered documents from the GISTED RESULTS page by selecting an entity and clicking on either the VIEW PAGE Button or the OPEN URL Button.
- GisterPRO works well with most browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. We test against recent versions of popular browsers. So, if you experience any issues, we recommend trying a different browser or upgrading to the most recent version.
- In order to use GisterPRO you may need to authorize the download and installation of Silverlight 4 from Microsoft.
- Search times will vary. In other words, often searches are completed in as little as 3 to 4 minutes, other searches could take longer depending on the nature of the content being searched.
- In an Enterprise environment, you may need your IT person to open up Port 8103 if you GisterPRO is unable to connect.
- If you are not receiving reports when selecting the ‘Report Feature’; sometimes permissions have to be twiddled for the emailed PDF to find its way through one’s firewall.
Tip: For help from someone on the GisterPRO team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
GisterPRO requires a PC or Mac with a Silverlight 4 capable Browser. Silverlight 4′s requirements are:
- Operating System: Windows 7,Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor (or equivalent)
- 1GB of RAM
- Operating System: Apple Mac OS X 10.4.11+ (Intel-based) or above
- 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor
- 1GB of RAM